How AirAnswers Partners With Cannabis Cultivators to Understand Their Microbial Environment
How Air Answers Partners With Cannabis Cultivators to Understand Their Microbial Environment
Imagine the sinking feeling.
Your cultivation team spends three whole months carefully growing the highest-quality cannabis possible for your loyal customers–only to find out that it failed microbial testing at the regulatory third-party testing laboratory.
And now, the entire batch must be destroyed.
That means lost crops, lost revenue, and lost morale.
The reality is, growers face this situation much more often than they should. Many times, this is because cultivators are learning there are problems with their crop after the fact.
In an industry where competition is fierce, building a reputable brand is crucial for long-term success. Cultivators known for consistently producing safe and high-quality cannabis will attract and retain a loyal customer base. On the other hand, a single incident of contaminated products can tarnish a company's image and erode consumer trust.
Investing in preventative microbial testing allows cultivators to demonstrate their commitment to responsible cultivation practices, which in turn enhances their brand's reputation and credibility.
So instead, imagine this scenario:
A growing cycle where–all along the way–your team is independently testing for microbial contamination, before it is even visible to the human eye.
At AirAnswers, we have developed a microbial testing solution to help cultivators get this in-depth view into their environment.
The AirAnswers Solution at Work
Here’s a step-by-step look into the AirAnswers microbial testing process:
- Cultivators will order an AirAnswers device, as well as testing cartridges.
- A cartridge is placed into the device, which is then brought into the grow room and placed someplace dry and elevated from the floor. (Our experimentation has shown various locations, such as in corners or on top of buckets, to be effective.)
- Once situated, the device is plugged in, and a faint green light becomes visible at the device's base to indicate it's operating.
- This setup is left untouched for a continuous 24-hour period. At the end of this cycle, the device is unplugged, and the cartridge is removed and sent back to AirAnswers for testing. Depending on the specific testing needs, turnaround times range from a rapid 24 hours to a maximum of 5 business days.
- After testing is complete, AirAnswers will send a report to your registered account through our platform. The results are comprehensive, outlining whether a detection was made and if so, the details of that detection (if applicable).
For example, with powdery mildew and botrytis testing, the report provides a qualitative determination—simply whether the issue was detected or not. Meanwhile, for aspergillus and other mold tests, the concentration of these contaminants is detailed, categorized into low, medium, or high levels
6. Ideally, the test should be run once per month.
In addition to botrytis, powdery mildew, and aspergillus testing, AirAnswers offers beta glucan testing, which can show that mold is growing. If you have a higher level of beta glucan, this often correlates with actual mold damage in the building. Meaning, you may not see it but might be actual damage in the walls (not necessarily coming from your plants).
We are also constantly adding new tests to our portfolio as cultivators require them.
This reporting by AirAnswers arms cultivators with the data needed to make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to maintain the quality of their crops. At AirAnswers, we have forged partnerships with companies that can help provide those solutions.
As the cannabis industry matures, preventive microbial testing will undoubtedly become a pillar of successful cultivation strategies. Protection of consumer well-being, adherence to regulatory standards, prevention of plant losses, and commitment to crop excellence will help cultivators guarantee that their crops not only fulfill laboratory testing requisites, but also make positive contributions to the broader industry.
At AirAnswers, we’re committed to the success of the cannabis market. If you’re looking to implement Air Answers into your cultivation facility, contact us here https://AirAnswersConsult.as.me/ to set up a free consultation with our team.